As the number of food trucks increases around Denver, so do more questions regarding the safety of the food they serve.
The Denver Department of Environmental Health has established the Partners in Food Safety Program to recognize Denver food facilities that promote and maintain excellent food safety practices.
According to the Denver Department of Environmental Health website, the Partners in Food Safety program recognizes “Denver food facilities that promote and maintain excellent food safety practices.”
Qualified facilities will be certified as a Partner in Food Safety and will receive a certificate to place in their establishment, as well as recognition on DEH’s website and social media pages.
- Learn about cross contamination, cold and hot food safety, best practices for personal hygiene, and foodborne illnesses.
- Food Manager ANSI Certification: SALE $99.00 - Valid in all States
- Food Handler ANSI Training for only $7.00!
- Enter Promo "train10off" at Checkout
Denver Food Trucks – Partners in Food Safety Criteria
The following criteria are required to become certified:
- Facility must not have more than two critical violations per inspection conducted by Denver Environmental Health (DEH) on the last two full inspections, as well as any limited inspections. To access inspection reports, visit www.denvergov.org/FoodSafety.
- Facility must have a formal training program for all food handling employees. This training must ensure all new staff who handle food are properly trained in basic food safety, and must be completed within three months of the hire date. Formal training can include DEH’s food safety class, classes offered on StateFoodSafety.com, or a comparable course.
- Facilitiy must not have any fines from administrative citations issued by DEH within the last 12 months.
- Facility must not have any confirmed foodborne illness outbreaks within the last 12 months.
- Facility must score at least 50 points on the DEH Active Managerial Control Evaluation. Applicants must complete the evaluation with an investigator. As part of this evaluation, the facility must show applicable documentation.
For a list of places that have the Partners in Food certification, click here.