Salt Lake’s food-truck scene is revving up big time. From Asian fusion to burgers, from cupcakes to coffee, these mobile food purveyors are redefining and revolutionizing on-the-go eats in Utah.
Vegan Food Truck Round-Up
Six vegan-friendly trucks gathered over October 6th weekend in Salt Lake City for Utah’s first-ever Vegan Food Truck Round-Up.
The food truck event served everything from vegan hot dogs and nachos to falafel and churros in and around The Reverstaurant, 329 E. 300 South, where guests ordered outside, but could eat inside.
Participating trucks were Chiquitos Churros, Falafel Tree, Gerlach’s, Ginger’s and Poutine Your Mouth.
The event took place in the newly established Food Truck Garden—the city’s only permanent food truck court—near the eatery Reverstaurant, where guests had the option of dining inside.
- Learn about cross contamination, cold and hot food safety, best practices for personal hygiene, and foodborne illnesses.
- Food Manager ANSI Certification: SALE $99.00 - Valid in all States
- Food Handler ANSI Training for only $7.00!
- Enter Promo "train10off" at Checkout
A portion of the proceeds from the event went to benefit local nonprofit Ching Farm Animal Rescue and Sanctuary.
Salt Lake City Food Truck Resources
Food Truck Thursdays at the downtown Gallivan Center offers a perfect solution for diverse dining needs. Each Thursday, many of Salt Lake’s food trucks gather from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. near Gallivan Plaza to serve a medley of mouth-watering lunch options.
Salt Lake’s Granary Row, a pop-up market and festival space located in the Granary District, hosts food trucks every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night in the summer and fall from 6 – 11 p.m. A number of Salt Lake’s food trucks set up shop to offer dinner and entertainment.
If you’re checking out one of Salt Lake’s many events, you’re sure to see one or more of our famous food trucks banishing folks’ munchies. To track down a mobile meal, visit the links below:
- The Chow Truck @Chowtruck
Asian inspired California cuisine
- Bento Truck @bento_truck
Japanese food truck
- Grub Truck @GrubTuckSLC
Handcrafted Street Food
- Better Burger Truck @BetterBurgerUT
Grass-fed, turkey and one of a kind veggie burgers
- Submarinos @submarinostruck
Italian inspired subs
- Surefire Pizza @ surefirepizza.com
A portable wood-fired pizza oven
- Waki Paki Food Truck @WakiPakiFood
Pakistan flare food in Salt Lake
- Little Blue Bistro @LilBlueBistro
Gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads
- A Guy and His Wife Grilled Cheese @facebook.com/a-guy-his-wife-grilled-cheese
Grilled cheese sandwiches, curly fried and soup
- Fire & Slice @ fireandslicepizz.com
Mobile wood-fired pizza
- Happy Food Truck @ facebook.com/HappyFoodTruck
American, Mexican and Argentinean food
- Smoke Stream BBQ @facebook.com/SmokeStreamBBQ
BBQ on the go
- World Dog @ worlddogslc.com
Uniquely flavored dogs, sausage and vegan options
- Street Sweets & Eats @StreetSweetsUT
Gourmet cupcakes, baked goods and sweet seasonal sandwiches
- So Cupcake @socupcake
Cupcakes and Ice cream
- Off The Grid SLC @OffTheGridSLC
Gourmet waffles and coffee
- Waffle Luv @waffleluv
Sweet waffle treats and drinks