Food Trucks – Florida Food Handlers
Florida food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food truck and mobile food vendor service and hospitality industry. The phrases “Food Truck” and “Mobile Food Vendor” refers to several different types of vehicles that food is sold from. Some examples include: lunch trucks, vending trucks, concession trucks, sandwich trucks, taco trucks, loncheras, catering vehicles, ice cream trucks, and hot dog carts.
Florida food safety training that employees are required to have in a food truck business (where food is prepared and served) is also called a food handling permit, a license, certificate, card, or credentials. This permit shows the municipality and their inspectors, that the holder has had training in food safety basic practices to prevent food borne illnesses.
The Florida food truck – food handler training course is online, easy to use and takes about 2 hours to complete. The course is ANSI-accredited, state-approved and will take you step-by-step through everything you need to know, including food safety definitions, safe hygienic practices, safe food temperatures, cross-contamination of food, and food-related illnesses. All food safety content materials and exams are available in both English and Spanish.
Food Safety First!
Food Safety First! is an approved Florida food worker training program, meeting all requirements of Chapter 509 of the Florida Administrative Code.
Food Safety First! is a five-part video series that gives practical examples of key food safety issues in food service and the causes of foodborne illness, personal hygiene, time and temperature abuse, preventing cross contamination, and cleaning and sanitizing. Each segment contains a quiz that employees must challenge as they navigate through the course, along with a final exam to test learning.
Start now and obtain your Florida food truck – food handler’s training permit!
Florida Food Handler Training Course & State Info
Food Handler Course Description
The Food Handler Training course will discuss the various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques needed to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help the student better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
Audience: Chefs, cooks, mobile food vendors, bartenders, host/hostesses that handle food, bussers, caterers, wait staff,servers, supervisors and managers, food warehouse staff, and convenience store (c-store) clerks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
Upon completion of the Food Handler Training Course students will be able to:
- Identify food safety: its importance, goals, benefits, impact, and proper adherence
- Identify the importance food safety training: issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment
- Identify the types of foodborne illness and food spoilage and their causes and signs
- Identify the types of food contamination: biological, physical and chemical
- Enact the proper food temperature controls and time practices
- Enact the proper procedures to safely prepare, handle and store food
- Implement proper personal hygiene and health practices in the food workplace
- Implement the proper procedures of purchasing, receiving and storing food
- Enact proper cleaning and sanitation methods in the food workplace
- Identify the signs and enact the eradication procedures for pest infestation
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contamination
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
Lesson 7: Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
End of Course Test – Print Your Food Handler Training Certificate
As soon as you complete the food handler course – with a minimum seat time of 75 minutes – you will then be required to take the End of Course Test
With a minimum passing score of 75% on the test, you will be able to download and print your food handler training certificate of completion.
Individuals who do not pass the food handler training test on the first attempt will be allowed one additional attempt to review the course content and pass the test.
Renewing Your Food Handler Certificate
To renew your Food Handler Certification, you must complete the food handler training course again. The entire course must be generally taken every three years to renew your certificate. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Food Handler Course Accreditation – ANSI Accredited ID 0975
Our Learn2Serve food handler training course program has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in accordance with the standard set by American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). This national level certification for food handlers is valid in all 50 states.
Source: ANSI – Food Handler Training Course
Gaining an accreditation from ANSI for the Food Handler Certificate Training Program means quality training that produces a food handler workforce more qualified than those without this Certification. Be a certified food handler. Take the ANSI-ASTM Food Handler Certificate Training Program today!
- Florida Statues – Title XXIX: Public Health – Chapter 381: General Provisions – 381.0072 Food service protection
- Florida Administrative Code – Food Hygiene Rule – Chapter 64E-11 (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Florida – Mobile Food Establishments (PDF)
- Florida – Department of Business Regulation – Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicles
- Miami-Dade County – Mobile Food Service Operations
- Orlando Weekly – Orlando New food Truck Rules
- Orlando Food Trucks
- Central Florida Food Truck Alliance
- City of Tallahassee – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Tallahassee – Food Truck Association
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Food Safety
3125 Conner Boulevard, Suite D
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1650
Phone: (850) 245-5520
Food Manager Certification: http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/food-safety-and-sanitation/food-manager.html
- State Accepted: Approved Florida food worker training program, meeting all requirements of Chapter 509 of the Florida Administrative Code.
- Course Duration: 75 mins
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion!
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Florida Food Truck – Food Service Handler Training
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Truck – Food Safety Training in Florida for: Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Cape Coral, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Miramar, Gainesville, Coral Springs, Miami Gardens, Key Biscayne, Palm Beach, Niceville, Parkland, and many more!
Getting your Florida Food Truck – Food Handlers Training Permit couldn’t be easier!