Rhode Island Certified Food Managers - Food Trucks and Vendors
Rhode Island requires retail and mobile food operations to employ a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who ix a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider. This includes food trucks and mobile food vendors.
The phrases “Food Truck” and “Mobile Food Vendor” refers to several different types of vehicles that food is sold from. Some examples include: lunch trucks, vending trucks, concession trucks, sandwich trucks, taco trucks, loncheras, catering vehicles, ice cream trucks, and hot dog carts.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Rhode Island Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- Rhode Island Food Code (PDF)
- Rhode Island Department of Health – Rules and Regulations For Certification of Managers in Food Safety – R21-27- CFS (PDF)
Rhode Island – Person-in-Charge (PIC)
Rhode Island Food Code (R21-27-CFS) Part 2: Certification Requirements – Section 2.1 – 2.2:
- 2.1 Each food establishment where potentially hazardous foods are prepared shall employ at least one (1) full-time, on-site manager certified in food safety who is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- 2.2 Establishments which employ ten (10) or more full-time equivalent employees directly involved in food preparation shall employ at least two (2) full-time, on-site managers certified in food safety.
Food Truck and Food Vendor
Rhode Island Department of Health
Office of Food Protection
3 Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908
Retail Food Program: http://www.health.ri.gov/programs/detail.php?pgm_id=1073
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Rhode Island Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Rhode Island Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Rhode Island Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Rhode Island for: Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, East Providence, Woonsocket, Newport, Central Falls, Westerly, Valley Falls, Newport East, Wakefield-Peacedale, Greenville, Cumberland Hill, Tiverton, Kingston, and many more!
Getting your Rhode Island Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!